The school was inspected in November 2007 using the Independent Schools Inspection Framework, in accordance with the Education Act 2002 (as amended).
This is a summary of the main points. The full document can be downloaded here.
- The Extra Curricular Activities are popular and are a valuable extension to the curriculum.
- The school caters for all abilities equally effectively.
- Teachers’ planning is good.
- There is high achievement in all areas.
- The quality of marking is good in some areas but weaker in others.
- Pupils are well motivated.
- The social development of pupils and mutual respect is outstanding.
- There is a good appreciation of other cultures.
- The teachers are committed and well qualified providing a fine quality of teaching.
- There are good teaching resources which are well utilised.
- There is an outstanding level of pastoral care for all pupils.
- They enjoy excellent levels of support and guidance.
- There are positive links with the community and parents.
- Governance is effective.
- Non-teaching staff are hard working and are seen as an integral part of the school community.
- Financial planning is good.
- The school is well led and has strengthened and made good progress since the last inspection.
- There is a wide range of trips which add real educational value.
- The children are highly articulate.
- Students are well prepared for the next steps in education.
- The public examination results are well above average.
- The school meets all of the Education (Independent School Standards) (England) Regulations 2003 as amended from January 2005 and May 2007 under Section 162A (1) (b) of the Education Act 2002, as amended by the Education Act 2005.