The details of our fee structure is given below.
There are several factors to be aware of when comparisons are made between different schools, both locally and nationally.
- Our fees include free, supervised wrap around care for all Prep and Senior School pupils from 7.45am to 5.00pm daily.
- Our nursery fees are the most competitively priced locally for the excellent standard of care and the exceptional School-wide facilities that are utilised.
- Our Prep and Senior School fees also reflect our smaller class sizes, particularly in our STEM subjects, throughout the School.
- Our School is 3-18 School, and by running a Sixth Form, we attract a different calibre of specialist subject teachers, whose experience and knowledge trickles down to our very youngest pupils.
- Our fees are inclusive of stationery, textbooks and all writing materials.
Fees for the 2017/18 academic year
|Year group||Termly fee payable in advance||Monthly direct debit (10 instalments)**|
|Reception (under 5 years)||£1,625*||£487.50*|
|Reception (over 5 years)||£2,325||£697.50|
|Year 1 and Year 2||£2,690||£807|
|Year 3 and Year 4||£3,295||£988.50|
|Year 5 and Year 6||£3,530||£1,059|
|Year 7 to Year 11||£4,305||£1,291.50|
|Year 12 and Year 13||£4,405||£1,321.50|
Acceptance Fee: £100 payable on acceptance of a place, refunded against the first fee invoice.
Deposit: £300 payable prior to the child starting at the School (refundable).
School lunch is mandatory for all children and is charged at £200 per term. You can find out more about our delicious catering offer here.
*Nursery and Reception (under 5 years) fees are shown net of the Early Years Funding Grant. The School is a registered provider of the Early Years Provision for three and four year-olds. We accept all employer nursery voucher schemes.
**Monthly payment options available at 0% APR. Direct Debit in ten monthly instalments from 1 August to 1 May inclusive. This method of payment is fully backed by the Direct Debit Guarantee Scheme. Please contact our Finance Manager on 01642 782095 for further details.
Included in fees
- A whole host of enriching and co-curricular activities, including access to our unique Woodland School.
- School, District, County and National Games fees (Sports teams only).
- Membership of ‘Friends of THS’ – a parent-led group which organises fun, family-orientated events throughout each term.
- A fortnightly School magazine.
- Free wrap around care as follows:
|Breakfast club – all ages||7.45am – 8.30am||FREE|
|Pre-Prep after school club||3.30pm – 5.00pm||FREE|
|Prep after school club||4.00pm – 5.00pm||FREE|
|Senior after school club||4.00pm – 5.00pm||FREE|
We also offer flexible after school care until 6.00pm daily, which is charged at a small fee of £5.00 per day. This can be booked on an ad hoc basis to suit your individual requirements and family needs.
We are the only independent school in the local area to offer sibling discounts on fees:
|Discount||Amount per year £|
|Second child discount||£750|
|Third child discount||£1,000|
Public examination fees and School transport (if required) are charged at an additional cost. For details of current School transport routes, please click here.
We also provide an action-packed Holiday Camp for children age 3-11 from 8.00am – 5.30pm daily, throughout October, February and May half terms and Easter and Summer holidays. THS Holiday Camp offers fun-filled days for young children organised and supervised by qualified teaching staff. Bookings are accepted for anything upwards of single days, there is no requirement to book for a whole week. Prices are as follows:
|THS Holiday Camp||Cost £|
Sibling discounts are also available during Holiday Camp. Find out more.
School Fees and Plans
Parents of prospective pupils may wish to obtain advice about how best to sustain the level of funding needed to meet fees over a number of years. The School does not endorse or recommend any particular scheme, though there are a number of specialist companies that can offer you financial advice. Parents are advised to obtain information on a variety of schemes and to consider each on its merits.
Monthly payment options available at 0% APR.