Head’s Blog – November 2019Friday 15 November 2019 | By Samantha Hockney
This half term at Teesside High School started with a bang, quite literally, as we held our annual Family Fireworks Display on our beautiful riverside grounds. I must say a huge thank you to the members of our PTA, Friends of THS, who were in school from 1.00pm on the day organising logistics, cooking delicious food, rallying the troops and creating a night to remember, not to mention for all of the planning beforehand! It was the busiest Fireworks event we have seen at school and we hope this success continues in the years to come.
For those of you who have experienced the run up to Christmas at Teesside High School before, you will appreciate not a day goes by without an exciting event, activity or added festive sparkle to your children’s day. However, our focus for the coming weeks remains on delivering an outstanding teaching and learning experience, particularly important for those at the top end of school in the build up to their GCSE and A-level examinations in the summer, and mock examinations in the New Year. Intervention for GCSE students started this fortnight, giving our students vital extra support in order for them to meet their individual learning goals. I am grateful to parents for your support with this.
With a busy few weeks ahead, I wanted to outline a number of key events for your diaries:
- Reception Learn With Us event – Thursday 21 November, 8.30am
- Nursery Stay and Play event – Friday 22 November, 8.30am
- Year 9 Options Evening – Tuesday 26 November – 5.30pm-7.00pm
- Year 7 A Christmas Carol Theatre Trip – Wednesday 27 November, 12.45pm-4.30pm
- Senior School Speech Day – Thursday 28 November, 1.00pm-4.00pm
- Wreath Making Workshop – Thursday 28 November, 5.30pm-8.30pm
- Pre-Prep Nativity – Tuesday 3 December, 2.00pm-3.30pm
- Winter Music Concert – Wednesday 4 December, 6.00pm.
I do hope you can also join us for our annual Christmas Market event, which will this year return to its traditional Saturday slot on Saturday 7 December, 10.00am-1.00pm.
Mrs K Mackenzie
Head, Teesside High School