In 1945 the School moved to our present site and so for over sixty years has been delivering quality education in Eaglescliffe. In 1945 we were called the Cleveland School and it was led by the redoubtable Headmistress Miss Chalmers.
Our history, however, goes back much earlier, to the Queen Victoria High School founded in Stockton in the nineteenth century. In 1970 the Queen Vic merged with the Cleveland School. The name changed to Teesside High School and the present buildings were begun.
The Cleveland School had originally been founded in 1938 but soon moved to the rambling mansion of Woodside Hall on the beautiful banks of the River Tees in The Avenue. The lovely old buildings, enjoyed by generations of schoolgirls, were sadly demolished in 1970. The Queen Victoria High School had a long and illustrious history at its location on Yarm Road in Stockton.
Since 1970 Teesside High School has flourished under a succession of dynamic Headteachers. The distinctive brown uniform was well known throughout the region and was only replaced a few years ago. The first boys were admitted to the Prep in 2005. In 2008 boys entered the High School and the Sixth Form.